The Department of Environment and Resource Management (DERM) aims to conserve, protect and manage the state’s environment and natural resources for today and for future generations.
This is done via administering our natural resource management and environmental protection legislation on behalf of the Queensland Government. We also work collaboratively with government, business, industry and communities to conserve natural values, improve environmental performance, reduce pollution and encourage sustainable natural resource management behaviours.
The Department of Environment and Resource Management key responsibilities are:
• Leading environmental recovery under Operation Queenslander
• Meeting the challenge of climate change
• Conserving and enhancing the state’s natural environment, ecosystems and cultural heritage
• Securing safe and reliable water for Queensland’s future
• Managing Queensland’s land resources wisely.
Please get in touch with Department of Environment and Resource Management from the Contact box on the right.