Glenorchy's Greenhouse Action is a new project aiming to reduce Glenorchy's greenhouse gas emissions, funded from May 2007 to May 2008, is being delivered through a partnership between Glenorchy City Council, Sustainable Living Tasmania and the Australian Government's Department of the Environment and Water Resources. It is taking place only within the Glenorchy City Council municipality and will be limited to the funding available.
Energy rebate scheme
- Glenorchy residents have been given the opportunity to purchase energy efficient products, including insulation, heat pumps and Solar Hot Water systems, with a significant rebate of a third off retail price.
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions and local air pollution
- Reducing traffic congestion around school gates at the start and end of the school day, therefore increasing safety
- Improving the health & fitness of participating children
- Building links within the local community
- Supporting participating schools' climate change curriculum
- Options for reducing car travel to school include Walking Buses, cycling and car-pooling programs, and increased uptake of public Transport. We are working with interested schools to assess the best options for them, based on the location and needs of the school and their community.
Please use the Contact form on the right for Glenorchy'S Greenhouse Action information and ordering.
Energy Efficiency – Solar Hot Water – Solar Pool Heating – Solar Pumps – Sustainable Building – Sustainable Building Products – Sustainable Energy – Sustainable Heating – Sustainable Insulation – Sustainable Products – Transport – Water Pump – Water Pumps