The initiative is based on the Green Table scheme successfully set-up in Canada and was officially launched in 2009. It has been designed to make it easier for small businesses to reduce their impact on the environment.
Phase I of the program requires restaurants, cafes and caterers commit to:
• using natural gas or a minimum of 20% green electricity to power their stoves
• send their organic waste to compost
• recycle paper, plastic, glass, metal as much as possible
• use energy-efficient equipment and lighting
• use water-saving equipment and fixtures and
• use recycled, biodegradable and non-toxic supplies
Phase II began in late 2010 and focuses on measuring the carbon footprints of businesses and introducing ways to offsetting their emissions and reduce a range of costs to business including in energy efficiency, waste disposal and other important cost savings measures.
Please use the Contact form on the right for Green Table Australia information and ordering.