The Australian National Insect Collection operates an identification service for Australian insect species. Insect identification and advice service CSIRO Entomology can assist in providing Perfect identification of insect samples and provide information on insect biology, behavior and control options:
- Identification process
- Preparing specimens by freezing
- Preparing specimens using alcohol
- Identification requirements
- How to organize and send specimens
- The Australian National Insect Collection (ANIC), which is part of CSIRO Entomology, operates an identification service for a variety of Australian species.
Following the service:
1.Advise on research of specimens
2.Provide general information on biology, cataloguing and distribution
3.Identify most Australian insects, mites and nematodes (NOT spiders, scorpions, worms, slugs etc.)
4.Advise on CSIRO's research potential in both morphological (form/structure) and molecular techniques
Please use the Contact form on the right for Insect identification and advice service information and ordering.