SOME OF THE COURSES WE OFFER Building Biology Diploma of Building Biology Certificate in Building Biology Fundamentals of Building Biology We offer the most amazing and innovative courses available anywhere in the world and we are the first and only Government accredited private Tafe provider to offer Building Biology and Feng Shui training in Australia.
With over 28 ground-breaking subjects covering everything from mobile phone use and building materials to toxicology, renewable energy and geomancy (just to name a few). We have a passion for what we do. This is clearly evident in our courses, our management and our team. We consistently challenge convention; through fresh thinking we are constantly developing groundbreaking courses, educating people with information commonly withheld from the general public.
Our lecturers are all experts in their fields with many years of combined experience. Sourced Australia wide, they provide a unique insight into the world we live in. You will learn what you're doing right, what you're doing wrong and what you can do about it. With flexible delivery options you can study with us anytime, anywhere.
Our comprehensive manuals and interactive DVD's truly make learning easy. Regardless of whether you choose a subject out of interest or complete the full Diploma or Certificate, it is sure to be an eye opening experience. WHAT IS BUILDING BIOLOGY? Building biology is a science that investigates the health hazards commonly found in and around the built environment. These hazards can range from air, water and biological pollutants to electromagnetic field issues and geopathic stress.
A Building Biologist is trained to identify, test and where possible mitigate these hazards. Their role therefore is to educate and alleviate the health hazards that exist in their homes and workplaces. A Building Biologist also examines the use of building materials, their impact on indoor air quality as well as their embodied energy 'from the cradle to the grave' in order to assist in the selection of alternative and sustainable materials.
A building biologist will identify and make recommendations to create an environment that supports one’s mental, physical and spiritual wellbeing.
Career Opportunities for Building Biologists The employment opportunities for a building biologist are potentially extensive:
1) Work with the architectural and building industries to help design, build and renovate healthier homes
2) Work with complimentary medical practitioners and natural therapists to determine if the home or building is contributing to a patient's illness
3) Work with people who suspect their home is making them sick
4) To help businesses determine why their staff are continually sick
5) To assist businesses to comply with their occupational health and safety requirements
6) Conduct air sampling of particulates and VOCs
7) Training and conducting workshops to educate an unsuspecting public about the hazards in their homes
8) To identify the causes of poor work productivity and staff sick leave in a business
Please get in touch with Australian College of Environmental Studies from the Contact box on the right.