Collier & Associates is a strategically focused design company with experience across a wide range of industries and markets.
Ethical purchasing and environmental policy:
Working in a service industry, we are conscious of our environmental responsibilities and are committed to reducing the impact of our operations. We have practices and policies that deliver real outcomes in this regard. We occupy a modern, purpose-built facility, commissioned by us and our equity partners, Lithocraft. Environmental attributes were a key part of the brief to the architects and developers and, as a result, the building has the following features:
• Energy rated office/factory built less than 4 years ago
• Only energy rated appliances in use in workstations, offices and amenities
• Reflective glass to reduce heat in summer, but allow natural light all year round
• All landscaping irrigated through rain water collection and storage
• State-of-the-art climate control system with individual zones for after hours use; and
• Motion detection controlled lighting throughout offices (lights on only when office is occupied) Within the office, we adopt the following environmental practices:
• All paper is recycled using a secure paper waste recycling company
• Used toner cartridges from our colour printer are recycled
• We encourage all clients to review artwork electronically
• We save emails in the appropriate job folder on our server to minimise printing client requests
• We archive client's work electronically on our server
• All computers are set to sleep mode after 30 minutes to conserve energy; and
• Wherever possible, we recommend environmentally-friendly papers for client's printing
• We have three different recycling bins in our kitchen for food waste, plastics/tins and paper; to ensure a waste segregation procedure.
We are currently developing further environmental management systems to decrease our carbon footprint.
Please get in touch with Collier & Associates from the Contact box on the right.