The Department of Transport and Regional Services provides policy advice to the Minister for Infrastructure and Transport and delivers a variety of programs on behalf of the Australian Government.
The Department conducts
• eco research and analysis
• provides safety information and advice
• performs regulatory functions.
The Department of Transport and Regional Services provides policy advice, programs and regulation across a wide range of areas including:
• infrastructure planning and coordination
• transport safety, including investigations
• land transport
• civil aviation and airports
• transport security
• maritime transport including shipping, and
• major projects facilitation.
Our purpose is to promote economic, environmental, social and regional development by enhancing Australia’s infrastructure and transport performance.
Please get in touch with Department of Transport and Regional Services from the Contact box on the right.