The Department of Transport and Regional Services provides policy advice to the Minister for Infrastructure and Transport and delivers a variety of programs on behalf of the Australian Government.
The Department conducts
• eco research and analysis
• provides safety information and advice
• performs regulatory functions.
The Department of Transport and Regional Services provides policy advice, programs and regulation across a wide range of areas including:
• infrastructure planning and coordination
• transport safety, including investigations
• land transport
• civil aviation and airports
• transport security
• maritime transport including shipping, and
• major projects facilitation.
Our purpose is to promote economic, environmental, social and regional development by enhancing Australia’s infrastructure and transport performance.